It’s easy, as businesses, to let your creativity flow as you get carried along by the design process. But without taking the time to gain a solid understanding of your business, audience, and goals, you could end up producing a website that’s a work of art to look at but utterly useless in terms of business aims and objectives.
Here are nine crucial questions to think about at the start of any web design project:
- Describe your business in a few sentences.
- Do you currently have a website? If so, what is/isn’t working for you?
- What are your goals for this project?
- Who is your target audience?
- What specific features do you want on the site?
- How can we avoid failure?
- Who are your main competitors?
- What makes you different from your competitors?